March 10, 2009

Accents - just for fun!

Ok, so Willian Jr. Sent me this video of a guy prank-calling Taco Bell about finding a cockroach flying out of his quesadilla and attacking his dog, only speaking with a thick (strong) cuban/porto rican accent which made me laugh my ass off:



He also has a video prank calling MacDonald's about finding nails in his MacMuffin using a redneck (American southern) accent:



This guy got me thinking about how every once in a while somebody will ask me about accents. The truth is that, if you're really interested in sounding like people from a certain part of the world, there are plenty of videos out there wich can help you. The two previous videos made me think of this series of videos I saw a while ago where this guy made videos of him telling the same story using several different accents, so I started looking for that. I couldn't, for some reason, but I did find a whole lot of other things that were just as good (sometimes, looking for videos on youtube can be like browsing a used books store - you end up not finding what you went there to look for, but take something else home anyway!)

First off, there's this video response to a video a guy posted with a supposedly southern redneck accent, and this girl does it soooo much better (She sounds exactly like the real thing):



Then there's the one where Ben Affleck talks about the different accents you can get in Boston...



... which took me to the video where this girl does 21 different accents in 2:34 minutes - and she's Damn good! ...



... which took me to this HILARIOUS video response of this guy trying to do the same in Spanish:



And just to end this post with a challenge, I DARE anyone to figure out what they say at the end of this video (which is a scene from the movie Hot Fuzz)



And there you have it: A couple of videos on accents! There are a lot more, which a quick search for "English accents" on youtube will show you. Only beware: sometimes titles on youtube can be deceiving. I found this video with Hugh Laurie (Dr. House from the television show, an actor I LOVE) named "Hugh Laurie: the British accent vs the American" which is actually a show-off of British and american SLANG words, not accents:



But slang would be a subject for another post... anyway, have fun!

Later!

:)

2 comments:

  1. HAHAAAAA
    I think I deserve a kiss! XD

    "He said a hedge is a hedge, he only chopped it down 'cuz it was (could really get this word - it supposed to mean "disturbing" i guess) his view. What's Reaper moaning about?"

    Isn't it what he said??? HAAAHH I think it is!! And I listened to it only 6 times to get it!! UHUUU

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's actully "because it spoiled his view" (The guys originally says "cause I couldn't see the view no more" - !), but I'll give you your kiss anyway!

    Well done!

    :)

    ReplyDelete